A multi-year ethics consultation on the Columbia River Treaty facilitated by the Ethics & Treaty Project.
Want more info? Conference Overview.
Advancing justice & stewardship in the Columbia River Basin through Treaty renewal and negotiations
Sign up for free here: Registration
This 7th “One River, Ethics Matter” conference will consider:
- Epidemics and tribes.
- Dams, Treaty, salmon: impacts on the lower Columbia River and Estuary.
- Floodplain real-estate for Portland-Vancouver: basin-wide impacts, need for basin-wide flood risk review.
- Youth, climate change, and the river: stealing the future?
We will draw on the ethical foundations provided by indigenous cultural leaders and western religious leaders, as well as lessons from the Cowlitz Indian Tribe, to advance justice and stewardship for the Columbia River in a time of climate change.
This river ethics conference will be by zoom, is free and open to the public. Advance registration is required.
For additional information:
- John Marsh JD firstname.lastname@example.org 360.947-2241
- Steve Fountain PhD email@example.com
- John Osborn MD firstname.lastname@example.org 509.939-1290
- The Rev. W. Thomas Soeldner email@example.com 509.270-6995
Click on map to enlarge